1. General. The Win-A-Wedding Competition (the “Competition”) at Brookhaven Country Club (“Brookhaven”) on behalf ClubCorp USA, Inc. (“ClubCorp”) is subject to these Official Rules and to all applicable laws.
2. Eligibility. This Competition is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years or older as of February 16, 2019 and who are registered attendees at the Luxe Wedding Showcase on February 16, 2019. In addition, individuals must compete as a two-person team and are responsible for the selection of an eligible teammate. Employees of ClubCorp together with the immediate families and those persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to enter.
3. How to Compete. The Competition will be held during the Luxe Wedding Showcase on February 16, 2019 and will be comprised of three rounds. Eligible teams may only participate in the Competition one (1) time, and may only compete for the Prize on their own behalf. The rounds include:
a. First Round – Chipping Competition. Eligible teams must sign in at Brookhaven’s Fireside Room upon arrival for the Luxe Wedding Showcase on February 16, 2019. Prior to departing on a bus, eligible teams will participate in a chipping competition using the OOFIT Smiling Face Golf Cornhole Game installed in the Fireside Room. Each eligible teammate will be allowed three (3) swings to hit three (3) golf balls into one of the holes on the cornhole-style board. The holes on the cornhole-style board will have prescribed values of 100, 50 and 25 points (varying by size of each hole). The Partners will be awarded the value of the holes they hit the golf balls through during the First Round.
b. Second Round – Passbook Completion. Eligible teams must visit at least five (5) clubs participating in the Luxe Wedding Showcase on February 16, 2019 as evidenced by a stamped Luxe passbook.
c. Third Round – Bouquet Toss Competition. The top five (5) scoring teams from the First Round who successfully complete the Second Round will be notified via the phone number provided on the Sign-In Sheet that they qualified for the Third Round of the Competition, which will take place on or about 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on February 16, 2018 in the Main Ballroom at Brookhaven. If a team cannot be reached after three successive attempts, then their spot will be forfeited and the next highest scoring eligible team will be selected. For the Third Round, a stack of three (3) increasing value baskets will be placed on the dance floor and one (1) of the eligible teammates will be given a prepared bouquet and turned so the baskets are behind them. The other teammate will then verbally instruct the throwing teammate on which direction to throw the bouquet over their shoulder. Each team will get one (1) toss and the team with the highest points or closest to the baskets will win. If two (2) or more teams are tied after the initial toss the teams will continue to toss until a winner is determined.
4. Prize. The winning Partners will receive a wedding ceremony, wedding reception, engagement party, bridal show or other wedding related event (the “Prize”) valued at up to an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000.00 at any of the ten (10) participating Luxe Wedding Showcase clubs. The Prize will include any applicable ceremony, room rental or non-member fees, a starter course, a chicken or vegetable entrée, a cheese and fruit display, a cake cutting, and any basic in-house linens available at the participating club. The Prize may not be used towards the cost of a previously booked event at a participating club. The Prize must be booked through a participating club by August 31, 2019 and occur on or before June 30, 2020.
The Prize is subject to availability, blackout dates, and all other prize restrictions. Blackout dates include all Saturdays between May 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019, March 17, 2019, April 19-21, 2109, May 12, 2019, May 27, 2019, June 16, 2020, July 4-5, 2019, September 2, 2019, October 31, 2019, November 28-29, 2019, December 24-25, 31 2019, January 1, 2020, February 14-15, 2020, March 17, 20120, April 10-12, 2020, May 10, 2020, May 25, 2020, June 21, 2020 and all Saturdays between May 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. All Prize elements must be booked and redeemed at the same time, and no changes, extensions or substitutions will be permitted after confirmation.
Except as indicated above, the Prize does not include bartender fees, alcoholic beverages, service charges, applicable taxes, hotel accommodations, music, transportation, flowers, insurance or gratuities. The Club has no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other changes beyond its own reasonable control.
All federal, state, municipal and local taxes, and all expenses associated with receipt or use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the winning team, jointly and severally. ClubCorp will file a Form 1099 with the IRS for the value of the Prize. No additional cash compensation will be given to defray any tax liability.
If the winning team are unable to accept or utilize the Prize, cannot be reached, are found to ineligible, cannot or do not comply with these Official Rules, they will not receive another prize, incentive, reward or thing of value as an alternative, instead the second-place eligible team will be offered the Prize instead.
5. General. The Prize is non-transferable, and no substitutions or exchanges by the winning team are permitted. ClubCorp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute one or more elements of the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize may not be redeemed for cash or eligible for refund or exchanges. Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winning team.
By participating in this Competition, each teammate agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Competition itself, and to be bound by all actions of ClubCorp and/or ClubCorp’s representative, whose decisions are binding and final on all matters related to this Competition. By accepting any prize, each teammate agrees for himself/herself and for their heirs, executors and administrators to release and indemnify and hold ClubCorp, the participating clubs and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Competition, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in any prize related activity and claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, defamation or prize delivery.
6. Governing Law. The Competition is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. The exclusive venue for any actions hereunder will be in the state or federal courts located in Dallas County, Texas.